Grade II Listed Award Winning Passivhaus Retrofit
11th May 20180
Thermablok Aerogel used in first listed building in England to meet the AECB Silver Performance Standard.
Architect: Harry Paticas, Arboreal Architecture
- A ‘Deep retrofit’ of 170-year old Grade II Listed Victorian townhouse using passivhaus methodology.
- Insulation thin enough to respect and maintain the original historic plaster cornice details.
- A bespoke multi-insulation solution to localised performance requirements respecting the historic significance of the existing fabric.
- Maintaining maximum gross internal areas.
- Insertion of thermo sensors into the construction to enable constant measurements and monitoring of moisture content of the timber (WME), sensor temperature (T), relative humidity (RH) and absolute humidity (AH).
- The thinnest insulation available to mitigate loss of crucial space.
- Thermablok Aerogel ThermaSlim Internal Wall
- Thermablok Aerogel ThermaSlim Internal Reveal
- Thermablok Aerogel ThermaSlim Internal Floor
- Thermablok Aerogel Blanket.
- Fully breathable solutions where required.
- Risk averse and hostile to bacteria and mould growth.
- High performance insulation with careful airtightness and thermal bridging detail resulted in a historic building that is highly energy efficient and more comfortable to live in.
- Thermablok Aerogel’s industry-leading thermal conductivity (lowest of any material).