Grosvenor Estates and English Heritage Retrofit with Thermablok Aerogel ThermaSlim.
A timely thermal upgrade of iconic buildings and properties in the heart of London. Improving energy efficiencies of properties whilst conserving space and maintaining the building’s character features.
Eaton Square, London SW1
- Conserving living space. (Gross Internal Area).
- Critical tolerances with fixtures and fittings.
- Internal walls, windows and door reveals.
- Breathability of the assembly.
- Limited installation time.
- A 29mm Thermablok ThermSlim Aerogel System (20mm / 9mm) – R value 1.523
- A 16mm Thermablok ThermSlim Aerogel System (10mm / 6mm) – R value 0.82
- Mechanically installed directly to the internal brick line of the external walls.
- A hydroscopic buffer and fully breathable system to insulate and preserve the buildings characteristics.
- Use of advanced primer and lime plaster finish.
- The U-value of the walls improved from 1 W/m²K to 0.3 W/m²K.
- The contractor experienced faster installation with a single process board system.
- The building retained its character features and details.
- The system provides no platform for mould / bacterial growth.